Sunday, July 1, 2012

Emotional Freedom Technique -EFT


What is EFT ?  This very powerful technique can help us to remove some negative
emotions that we are facing. We can practise it to get over a relationship breakup, to
lose weight, to rid depression, to overcome fear of seeing the dentist, to remove some cravings
eg for a bar of Snickers.

The creator of EFT is Gary Craig.

The link is at  www.emofree.com

Watch the Videos and learn the overview. You can do your own research to learn more.

Assumption
The cause of all negative emotions is a disturbance in the body's energy system.



EFT Affirmations
1.  Mending a broken heart
     Even though my heart feels heavy and tight and sad, I honor myself for how hard this
     has been. I understand and I even forgive myself. I was doing the best I could.

     I choose to love and appreciate and honor this powerful, world changing soul quality
     that I have been so blesses with.

2.  Open the cage of anger and pain
     Even though I am sad and mad and hurting all over, I know I deserve better.
     I don't have to be a volcano to stand up for myself.



 EFT STeps:






1. Measure the problem on a scale of 0 - 10 (amt of distress caused)

2.  Do Karate Chop while saying the following 3 times : 'Even though (describe the problem).
     I accept myself deeply and completely.'

3. Tap meridian points at least 7 times ,starting with on top of inner eye, outside of eye,
    under middle of eye, under nose(middle), under lip (middle), under collar bone,
    4 inches under armpit at side of body, at the ribs bone,

    then fingers on your hand eg. thumb, index finger, middle finger, last finger , side of the hand.

4. Tap continously on the back of the hand , one inch down from the last finger while keeping
     head still and facing forward and doing the following for 1-2 seconds each:

        1. eyes closed;  2. eyes open;   3. eyes diagonally down to the left;

         4. eyes diagonally down to the right;   5. eyes in a circle

         6. eye in a circle in opposite direction

        7. hum a melody (without words)  eg.  mary has a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb....

        8.  Count to 5

        9.  hum melody again

5. Repeat the sequence Step 3

6. Measure the problem again on a scale 0-10



     ......





1 comment:

  1. Hi Miko, I just want to ask, can I use EFT before going to bed and before meal time?

    ReplyDelete